“Yo Ikea, allow Kanye to create, allow him to make this thing because you know what, I want a bed that he makes, I want a chair that he makes,” he said, explaining what he thought students would say to the furniture brand.
West has been very vocal about his passion for architecture and design in the past. On a visit to Harvard Graduate School of Design in 2013, he told students that “the world can be saved through design”.
He set up his own design company named DONDA in 2012, hoping to assemble a team of architects, designers and directors to work with him.
Related story: “I’;m working with 5 architects at a time” – Kanye West
More about Kanye West and Ikea:
- Ikea and Hay tease 2017 collaborative collection with abs…tract movie
- Ikea recalls millions of killer dressers
- Piet Hein Eek unveils first collection with Ikea
- Ikea’;s PS 2017 collection includes “no waste” products ma…de from recycled materials
- Ikea Museum set to open in Sweden
- Hay redesigns Ikea’;s iconic blue Frakta bag
- Watch Ikea’;s Democratic Design Day live from Sweden
- Ikea to live-stream Democratic Design Day talks with desi…gners
- Ikea settles with Emeco over claims it copied a Norman Fo…ster chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories
Our book features 45 conversations with leading figures in architecture and design from around the world.