Danish firmÂ Henning Larsen Architects has been selected to style aÂ new branch of 1 of Sweden’;s most important art galleries, whichÂ will kind an extension ofÂ a century-oldÂ regionalÂ museum in Ãstersund.
Conceived by the Copenhagen-primarily based studioÂ as a wooden sculpture, the Nationwide Museum in ÃstersundÂ will be constructed on the exact same website as the open-air Jamtli Museum â a assortment of buildings that is 1 of the region’;s most popular tourist attractions.
Henning Larsen Architects was chosenÂ ahead of 10 other firms for the undertaking with its vision for a timber-clad constructing with an angularÂ roof profile, housing a large, flexible exhibition hall.
“The new exhibition hall is designed as wooden sculpture with an very easily recognisable silhouette towards the sky,” saidÂ SÃ¸ren Ãllgaard, a spouse at the firm established by the lateÂ Henning Larsen.
“The roof is really outstanding since the deep skylights filter the soft northern daylight straight into the exhibition area,” he said.Â “This offers a extremely sensitive light as effectively as a view to the sky.”
Henning Larsen Architects also recently won a competitors to design and style a train station for the new Danish city of Vinge, and is also presently doing work on a mosque and Islamic local community centre in Copenhagen.Site strategy â click for larger picture
Ground floor strategy â click for more substantial picture
First floor plan â click for bigger picture
Section â click for bigger image
North elevation â click for larger image
West elevation â click for larger image
Connected story: Henning Larsen Architects to style train station for new Danish town
News:Â Henning Larsen Architects has won a bid to design and style a train station for the new city of Vinge, located in a rural region outdoors Copenhagen (+ slideshow). More »
- David Chipperfield disowns Milan museum …above “war of the floor”
- AOC combines a reading through room with a galle…ry for London’;s Wellcome Assortment
- Renovated Baroque museum in Portugal fea…tures a mirror-clad ticket workplace
- Seoul property becomes museum highlighting …the plight of second globe war “comfort girls”
- Thomas Phifer adds reflective white wing… to Corning Museum of Glass in New York
- Ole Scheeren combines an auction house a…nd museum beside Beijing’;s Forbidden City
- London gallery to re-launch as UK’;s firs…t public institution of graphic style
- Dubai unveils vision for Museum of the F…uture to showcase innovation in layout
- Studio Inches renovates Alpine house to …develop a private gallery
Posted on Thursday, April 9th, 2015 at 11:38 am by Amy Frearson. See our copyright policy. Ahead of commenting, please study our feedback policy.
Much more architecture:
- White rooftops flip red during emergenci…es at retirement home by Guedes Cruz Architects
- Chen Residence by C-Laboratory
- Rattan Tunnel at Bacanalia by Natalia Or…tega GÃ¡mez and Jose ThÃ©n
- State archive of the Evangelical Luthera…n Church of Bavaria by GMP Architekten
- Casa Pedralbes by Joan Anguita
- Erick van Egeraat in Tatarstan
- Strelka transforms Russian Pavilion into… a trade honest of architectural tips
- Cleveland Museum of Art East Wing by Raf…ael ViÃ±oly Architects
Indicator up for a day-to-day roundup
of all our stories